5 Minutes with Jesus: Peace for Today
Deadlines and bills, illnesses and fears about the future, frustrations with others and ourselves . . . there’s enough going on in our lives to make us feel overwhelmed and anxious, if not panicked! But Jesus said that we could expect this, that trials and sorrows are simply part of life on earth, and He offers an amazing gift that changes everything: His peace. He tells us, “The peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid” (John 14:27 nlt).
Bestselling author Sheila Walsh wants to guide you in worrying less and letting your heart be settled. Each reading includes messages such as:
- No matter how big the storm, God is bigger.
- God loves you for who you are, not what you do.
- Gratitude opens doors out of bitterness and doors into joy.
- Resting in the purpose and presence of God brings peace.
- It’s amazing what God will do with a broken life when we give Him all the pieces.